Luca Dal Negro
office: PHO 825
office hours: contact for appointment
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- NSF Career Award (2009)
- Early Career Research Excellence Award, College of Engineering, Boston University (2009)
- Dean’s Catalyst Award, College of Engineering, Boston University (2007)
- EK100 Exploring the Science of Light
- EC410 Introduction to Electronics
- EC560 Introduction to Photonics
- EC700 Adv Spec Topics
- EC770 Guided-wave Optoelectronics
- EC777 Nano-Optics
- optical amplification phenomena and laser physics
- optical spectroscopy of semiconductor nanostructures
- photonic crystals, Anderson light localization and aperiodic dielectrics
- nanophotonics and plasmonics
- L. Dal Negro and S. V. Boriskina, “Deterministic Aperiodic Nanostructures for Photonics and Plasmonics Applications,” to appear in Laser and Photonics Reviews, 2011.
- H. Noh, J.-K. Yang, S. V. Boriskina, M. J. Rooks, G. G. Solomon, L. Dal Negro, and H. Cao, “Lasing in Thue–Morse Structures with Optimized Aperiodicity,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, no. 20, article no. 201109, May 19, 2011.
- J. Trevino, H. Cao, and L. Dal Negro, “Circularly Symmetric Light Scattering from Nanoplasmonic Spirals,” Nano Letters, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 2008-2016, April 5, 2011.
- J.-K. Yang, S. V. Boriskina, H. Noh, M. J. Rooks, G. S. Solomon, L. Dal Negro, and H. Cao, “Demonstration of Laser Action in a Pseudorandom Medium,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 97, no. 22, article no. 223101, November 29, 2010.
- S. Boriskina and L. Dal Negro, “Multiple-Wavelength Plasmonic Nano-Antennas,” Optics Letters, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 538-540, February 11, 2010.
- C. Forestiere, M. Donelli, G. F. Walsh, E. Zeni, G. Miano, and L. Dal Negro, “Particle Swarm Optimization of Broadband Nanoplasmonic Arrays,” Optics Letters, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 133-135, January 11, 2010.
- C. Forestiere, G. F. Walsh, G. Miano, and L. Dal Negro, “Nanoplasmonics of Prime Number Arrays,” Optics Express, vol. 17, no. 26, pp. 24288-24303, November 9, 2009.
- A. Gopinath, S. Boriskina, R. Presamiri, L. Ziegler, B. M. Reihard, and L. Dal Negro, “Plasmonic Nanogalaxies: Multi-Scale Aperiodic Arrays for Surface-Enhanced Raman Sensing,” Nano Letters, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 3922-3929, September 15, 2009.
- A. Gopinath, S. Boriskina, B. Reinhard, and L. Dal Negro, “Deterministic Aperiodic Arrays of Metal Nanoparticles for Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering,” Optics Express, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 3741-3753, February 25, 2009.
- C. Forestiere, G. Miano, G. Rubinacci, and L. Dal Negro, “Role of Aperiodic Order in the Spectral, Localization, and Scaling Properties of Plasmon Modes for the Design of Nanoparticles Arrays,” Physical Review B, vol. 79, no. 8, article no. 085404, February 15, 2009.
- S. Boriskina, A. Gopinath, and L. Dal Negro, “Optical Gap Formation and Localization Properties of Optical Modes in Deterministic Aperiodic Photonic Structures,” Optics Express, vol. 16, no. 23, pp. 18813-18826, October 30, 2008.
- A. Gopinath, S. Boriskina, N. N. Feng, B. M. Reinhard, and L. Dal Negro, “Photonic-Plasmonic Scattering Resonances in Deterministic Aperiodic Structures,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 2423-2431, July 23, 2008.
- L. Dal Negro, N. N. Feng, and A. Gopinath, “Electromagnetic Coupling and Plasmon Localization in Deterministic Aperiodic Arrays,” Journal of Optics A: Pure and Applied Optics, vol.10, no. 6, article no. 064013, May 1, 2008.
- L. Dal Negro and N. Feng, “Spectral Gaps and Mode Localization in Fibonacci Chains of Metal Nanoparticles,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 22, pp. 14396-14403, October 17, 2007.