PhD, Stanford University, 2006
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- 2012 Adolph Lomb Medal from the Optical Society of America
- 2011 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers
- 2011 Photonics Society Young Investigator Award
- 2010 Boston University Early Career Research Excellence Award
- 2010 ONR Young Investigator Award
- 2010 NSF CAREER Award
- 2008 Massachusetts Life Sciences Center New Investigator Award
- 2008 Boston University Peter Paul Career Development Professorship
- 2008 Boston University College of Engineering Dean’s Catalyst Award
- 2006 Best Research Paper, IEEE LEOS Conference
- EC 560 Introduction to Photonics
- EC 481 Fundamentals of Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials
- EK131 Photonics: Engineering the Light
- Nanoscale photonic materials and devices
- Nano-Plasmonics: Optics of Metallic Nanostructures
- Nano-Photonics: Photonic Crystals
- Bio-Photonics: Optical Biosensors and Spectroscopy
- Opto-Fluidics and Lab-on-a-chip Integration
- A. A. Yanik, M. Huang, O. Kamohara, A. Artar, T. W. Geisbert, J. H. Connor and H. Altug, “An Optofluidic Nanoplasmonic Biosensor for Direct Detection of Live Viruses from Biological Media,” Nano Letters, Article ASAP, DOI: 10.1021/nl103025u, 2010.
- S. Aksu, A. A. Yanik, R. Adato, A. Artar, M. Huang, and H. Altug, “High-throughput Nanofabrication of Plasmonic Infrared NanoAntenna Arrays for Vibrational Nanospectroscopy,” Nano Letters, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 2511-2518, 2010.
- A. A. Yanik, M. Huang, A. Artar, T. Chang, and H. Altug, “Integrated Nanoplasmonics-Nanofluidics Biosensor with Targeted Delivery of Analyte,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 96, no. 021101, 2010.
- R. Adato, A. A. Yanik, J. J. Amsden, D. L. Kaplan, F. G. Omenetto, M. K. Hong, S. Erramilli, and H. Altug, “Ultra-sensitive Vibrational Spectroscopy of Protein Monolayers with Plasmonic Nanoantenna Arrays,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of U.S.A., vol. 106, no. 19227, 2009.
- A. Artar, A. Ali Yanik, and H. Altug, “Fabry-Perot Nanocavities in 3D Plasmonic Crystals for Enhanced Biosensing,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 95, no. 051105, 2009.
- A. Ali Yanik, R. Adato, S. Erramilli, and H. Altug, “Hybridized Nanocavities as Single-Polarized Plasmonic Antenna,” Optics Express, vol. 17, pp. 20900-20910, 2009.
- H. Altug, D. Englund, and J. Vuckovic, “Ultrafast Photonic Crystal Nanocavity Lasers,” Nature Physics, vol. 2, pp. 484–488, 2006.