PhD, University of California, Berkeley, 2007
Affiliated Investigator, Synthetic Biology Engineering Research Center (SynBERC)
Affiliated Faculty, BME
System Level Design and Synthetic Biology
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- 2013 Ignition Award (BU)
- 2013 College of Engineering Early Career Excellence Award (BU)
- 2013 NSF CAREER Award
- 2012-14 Hariri Institute Junior Faculty Fellow (BU)
- 2012 Dean’s Catalyst Award (BU)
- 2012 ECE Award for Excellence in Teaching (BU)
- 2010 Richard and Minda Reidy Family Career Development Professor (BU)
- 2008, 2009, 2011 International Genetically Engineered Machine (iGEM) Competition Best Software Tool
- 2007-2009 UC Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellow
- EC311 Introduction to Logic Design
- EC327 Introduction to Software Engineering
- EC551 Advanced Digital Design with Verilog and FPGA
- high level languages for synthetic biology
- data exchange standards for biological parts and devices
- system level design of embedded systems
- computer architecture
- design for test
- D. Densmore, T. H.C. Hsiau, J. Kittleson, W. DeLoache, C. Batten, and J. C. Anderson (May 2010): “Algorithms for Automated DNA Assembly,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 2607-2616.
- D. Densmore, J. Kittleson, L. Bilitchenko, A. Liu, and J. C. Anderson (May 2010): “Rule Based Constraints for the Construction of Genetic Devices,” IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Paris, France.
- D. Densmore, A. Simalatsar, A. Davare, R. Passerone, and A. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli (April 2009): “UMTS MPSoC Design Evaluation Using a System Level Design Framework,” Design, Automation, and Test Europe (DATE), Nice, France.
- D. Densmore, R. Passerone, and A. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli (September/October 2006): “A Platform-Based Taxonomy for ESL Design,” IEEE Design and Test of Computers, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 359-374.
- S. Kakita, Y. Watanabe, D. Densmore, A. Davare, and A. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli (June 2006): “Functional Model Exploration for Multimedia Applications via Algebraic Operators,” Sixth International Conference on Application of Concurrency to System Design (ACSD), Turku, Finland.