PhD, University of California, San Diego, 2009
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- Associate Editor, IEEE Embedded Systems Letters (2013-Present)
- Guest Associate Editor, ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems, Special Issue on Adaptive Power Management for Energy and Temperature Aware Computing Systems (2012)
- Junior Faculty Fellow, Rafik B. Hariri Institute for Computing and Computational Science & Engineering, Boston University (2011-12)
- NSF CAREER Award (2012)
- Best Paper Award, High Performance Embedded Computing (HPEC) Workshop (2011)
- Design Automation Conference, A. Richard Newton Graduate Scholarship Award (2011)
- Dean’s Catalyst Award, College of Engineering, Boston University (2010)
- Best Paper Award, 17th IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI-SoC) (2009)
- EC327 Introduction to Software Engineering
- EC535 Introduction to Embedded Systems
- EC700 Advanced Computing Systems and Architecture
- Temperature and energy management
- 3D stacked architectures
- Reliability analysis and optimization
- Computer architecture
- Embedded system design
- Center for Information and Systems Engineering
- Clean Energy and Environmental Sustainability Initiative
- Jie Meng, Katsutoshi Kawakami, and Ayse K. Coskun. “Optimizing Energy Efficiency of 3D Multicore Systems with Stacked DRAM under Power and Thermal Constraints”. In Proceedings of Design Automation Conference (DAC), pp. 648-655, 2012.
- A. K. Coskun, J. Meng, D. Atienza, and M. M. Sabry, “Attaining Single-Chip, High Performance Computing Through 3D Systems with Active Cooling,” IEEE Micro, Special Issue on Big Chips, July/August 2011.
- A. K. Coskun, T. Rosing, and K. Gross, “Utilizing Predictors for Efficient Thermal Management in Multiprocessor SoCs,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 28 no. 10, pp. 1503-1516, October 2009.
- A. K. Coskun, R. Strong, D. Tullsen, and T. Rosing. “Evaluating the Impact of Job Scheduling and Power Management on Processor Lifetime for Chip Multiprocessors,”Proceedings of SIGMETRICS 2009: The 11th ACM SIGMETRICS International Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems, pp.169-180, June 2009.
- A. K. Coskun, T. S. Rosing, K. Whisnant, and K. Gross, “Static and Dynamic Temperature-Aware Scheduling for Multiprocessor SoCs,” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI), vol. 16 no. 9, pp. 1127-1140, September 2008.