PhD, University of California, San Diego, 2009
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- Junior Faculty Fellow, Rafik B. Hariri Institute for Computing and Computational Science & Engineering, Boston University (2011-12)
- NSF CAREER Award (2012)
- Best Paper Award, High Performance Embedded Computing (HPEC) Workshop (2011)
- Design Automation Conference, A. Richard Newton Graduate Scholarship Award (2011)
- Dean’s Catalyst Award, College of Engineering, Boston University (2010)
- Best Paper Award, 17th IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI-SoC) (2009)
- EC327 Introduction to Software Engineering
- EC535 Introduction to Embedded Systems
- Temperature and energy management
- 3D stacked architectures
- Reliability analysis and optimization
- Computer architecture
- Embedded system design
- Center for Information and Systems Engineering
- Clean Energy and Environmental Sustainability Initiative
- A. K. Coskun, J. Meng, D. Atienza, and M. M. Sabry, “Attaining Single-Chip, High Performance Computing Through 3D Systems with Active Cooling,” IEEE Micro, Special Issue on Big Chips, July/August 2011.
- A. K. Coskun, D. Atienza, T. Rosing, T. Brunschwiler, and B. Michel, “Energy-Efficient Variable-Flow Liquid Cooling in 3D Stacked Architectures,” Proceedings of Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE), pp. 1-6, March 2010.
- A. K. Coskun, T. Rosing, and K. Gross, “Utilizing Predictors for Efficient Thermal Management in Multiprocessor SoCs,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 28 no. 10, pp. 1503-1516, October 2009.
- A. K. Coskun, R. Strong, D. Tullsen, and T. Rosing. “Evaluating the Impact of Job Scheduling and Power Management on Processor Lifetime for Chip Multiprocessors,” Proceedings of SIGMETRICS 2009: The 11th ACM SIGMETRICS International Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems, pp.169-180, June 2009.
- A. K. Coskun, T. S. Rosing, K. Whisnant, and K. Gross, “Static and Dynamic Temperature-Aware Scheduling for Multiprocessor SoCs,” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI), vol. 16 no. 9, pp. 1127-1140, September 2008.