Research Assistant Professor
- STO 132A
PhD, National Oceanography Centre, 2003
BSc (Hons), University of Southampton, 1997
- Hydrodynamics over salt marsh platforms and within tidal creeks.
- The generation and headward erosion of tidal creeks in salt marshes.
- Small scale turbulence and interaction of the flow with vegetation and bedforms.
- The calculation of near bed shear stress and bed roughness from high frequency measurements of velocity.
- Numerical modeling of currents, waves, and combined flows (presently using FVCOM, SWAN, and CGWAVE).
- The hydrodynamics of tidal inlets.
- Wave current interaction.
- Sediment transport and bedform dynamics under both waves and currents, and combined flows.
- The measurement of vessel wakes and their impact on the shoreline.