Category: Cutler Cleveland
Department of Earth and Environment PhD candidate Karina Veliz will be defending her dissertation tomorrow, December 4th 2013, at 12:30 pm in CAS B18A.
The title of her dissertation is “The Economic Impact of Climate Change on Electricity Demand in the United States.”
Karina is pursing her PhD in Geography; her focus is on energy and environmental economics and policy. Her advisor is Cutler Cleveland.
Please come out and support Karina!
By Robert K. Kaufmann and Cutler J. Cleveland
We are pleased to announce the publication of the world’s first entirely web-based, authoritative, introductory textbook on environmental science:
Environmental Science takes advantage of the latest technologies to transcend the traditional textbook to create engaging, interactive content utilizing video, social networking, image galleries, and other features that only the Web can provide.
- 100% Web-based and accessible on any device
- Price = $50.00
- Thorough coverage of the key topics in environmental science; integration of ecology, economics, and policy using energy and material flows and a systems perspective
- Case Studies and Policy in Action that develop critical thinking included in each chapter
- 63 videos and animations, and a Glossary embedded in text to bring content alive
- Electronic highlighting tool
- 500 multiple choice question test bank upon adoption
- Social networking tools to engage students and instructor in online discussion
- Ability for instructors to quickly and easily customize by deleting/re-ordering chapters, and by adding content of their own (text, links, labs, lecture notes, video, assignments, images, PDFs, Powerpoints, etc.)
To see a sample chapter and request access to an examination copy, please visit http://www.trunity.com/environmental-science/.
Robert K. Kaufmann
Professor, Department of Earth and Environment
Director, Center for Energy and Environmental Studies
Cutler J. Cleveland
Professor, Department of Earth and Environment, Boston University
Founding Editor-in-Chief, Encyclopedia of Earth