Friday December 13th AGU Talk Schedule for Faculty, Researchers, and Students
Below is a list of scheduled talks being held on Friday December 13th 2013 by Department of Earth and Environment Faculty, Researchers, and students at the AGU Fall Meeting.
8:00 am to 10:00 am
at 3008 (Moscone West)
A51I. A51I. Measurements, Modeling, and Evaluation of Emissions VII
- Conor Gately; Lucy Hutyra; Ian Sue Wing. A new gridded on-road CO2 emissions inventory for the United States, 1980-2011. A51I-06. (9:35 – 10:00)
at 3003 (Moscone West)
- Lucy Hutyra; Steve M. Raciti; Allison L. Dunn; Conor Gately; Ian Sue Wing; Curtis Woodcock; Pontus Olofsson; Mark A. Friedl. Impacts of urbanization on the carbon cycle (Invited). GC51E-02. (8:20 – 8:40)
8:00 am to 12:20 pm
at Hall A-C (Moscone South)
B51C. B51C. Ecosystem Structure: Remote Sensing Observations and Modelling of Its Influence on Radiation Regimes and Gas Exchanges II Posters
- Bin Yang; Yuri Knyazikhin; Lei Yan; Yunsheng Zhao; Jiannan Jiao. IMPACT OF FOLIAGE SURFACE PROPERTIES ON VEGETATION REFLECTION AND ABSORPTION. B51C-0285.
- Zhan Li; Alan H. Strahler, Crystal Schaff, et al. Separating Leaves from Trunks and Branches with Dual-Wavelength Terrestrial Lidar Scanning: Improving Canopy Structure Characterization in 3-D Space. B51C-0289.
- Alan H. Strahler; Xiaoyuan Yang; Zhan Li; Crystal Schaaf; et al. Retrieving Leaf Area Index and Foliage Profiles Through Voxelized 3-D Forest Reconstruction Using Terrestrial Full-Waveform and Dual-Wavelength Echidna® Lidars. B51C-0290.
B51G. B51G. Phenology as Both Forcing and Response: Integrating Measurements and Models Across Terrestrial and Aquatic Ecosystems I Posters [SWIRL_CM]
- Toni Viskari; Michael Dietze; Ankur R. Desai. Model-data assimilation of multiple phenological observations to constrain and forecast leaf area. B51G-0381.
S51A. S51A. Seismology Contributions: Signal Processing, Networks and Instrumentation II Posters
- Bruce C. Beaudoin; Kasey Aderhold; Katyliz Anderson; Mary Pfeifer; Tim Parker; Pnina E. Miller; George W. Slad; Angela Reusch. Direct burial and vault emplacement data quality comparison at Dotson Ranch, New Mexico. S51A-2329.
S51C. S51C. Oceanic Strike-Slip Faulting: Transforms to Intraplate I Posters
- Kasey Aderhold; Rachel E. Abercrombie; Michael S. Antolik. Seismic slip of oceanic strike-slip earthquakes. S51C-2388.
V51B. V51B. Garnet: Common Mineral, Uncommonly Useful I Posters (cosponsored by MSA)
- Nora Sullivan; Claire Ostwald; Xu Chu; Ethan F. Baxter; Jay J. Ague; James O. Eckert. High temperature garnet growth in New England: regional temperature-time trends revealed. V51B-2654.
- Kathryn A. Eccles; Ethan F. Baxter; Stephen J. Mojzsis; Horst Marschall; Michael L. Williams; Michael J. Jercinovic. Neoarchean metamorphism recorded in high-precision Sm-Nd isotope systematics of garnets from the Jack Hills (Western Australia). V51B-2655.
10:20 am – 12:20 pm
at 2006 (Moscone West)
B52C. B52C. New Mechanisms, Feedbacks, and Approaches for Improving Predictions of the Global Carbon Cycle in Earth System Models II [SWIRL_CU]
- Adrien Finzi; Allison L. Gill (BIOLOGY). The carbon cost of nutrient uptake: global patterns and use in regional to global scale models of terrestrial productivity. B52C-01. (10:20 – 10:35)
1:40 pm – 3:40 pm
at 2004 (Moscone West)
B53G. B53G. Remote Sensing of Vegetation for Monitoring Ecosystem Functioning III
- Mark A. Friedl; Joshua P. Gray; Eli K. Melaas; Andrew D. Richardson; Amey Bailey; John O’Keefe. Using Time Series of Landsat, MODIS, and Ground Measurements to Characterize and Quantify the Sensitivity of Temperate Forest Phenology to Climate Change (Invited). B53G-01. (1:40 – 1:55)
at 301 (Moscone South)
V53D. V53D. Garnet: Common Mineral, Uncommonly Useful II (cosponsored by MSA)
- Ethan F. Baxter; Erik E. Scherer. The success and complementarity of Sm-Nd and Lu-Hf garnet geochronology. V53D-08. (3:25-3:40)