Options for Computer Science Students
This program is ideal for Computer Science students who would like to enhance their studies and at the same time fulfill some of their general education requirements in Dresden.
Students live in a dormitory with German and other international students. They directly enroll for three elective courses at the Technische Universität Dresden (TUD), one of the most prestigious universities in Germany.
During the first weeks of the program (prior to the start of the TUD semester), students take an intensive language and cultural immersion course.
Prerequisites: Spring and Fall (no previous German required)
During the first weeks of the program (prior to the start of the TUD semester), students take an intensive language and cultural immersion course. The class meets four hours, four days a week, and on the fifth day of each week students take a field trip.
Participants then directly enroll in three elective courses at the TUD and finish the semester as regular students of the university.
Note: Syllabi are for course approval and reference only. Students will receive up-to-date syllabi when their courses begin.
Students will be placed in beginning, intermediate or advanced German in the Spring or in intermediate or advanced German in the Fall depending on their language proficiency and the size of the class.
- CAS DR 300 Intensive German Language and Culture (4 credits)
- The class meets for four hours, four days a week, to enable rapid development of communication skills (speaking, writing, reading, and listening). It also trains students in strategies for functioning in German culture in social, practical, and academic contexts. On the fifth day of each week, students take a field trip designed to engage them directly with the life and institutions of German society.
Elective Courses – Computer Science:
The list below reflects Computer Science courses at the TUD which are taught in English. For more information, please, contact us or visit the TUD Studies website.
- Application Development for Mobile and Ubiquitious Computing
- Compiler Construction
- Design Patterns and Framework
- Distributed Systems
- Future Proof Software
- IOS Programming
- Microkernel-Based Operating Systems, Lab: Microkernel-based Systems and Complementary Course: Microkernel Construction
- Mobile Communication and Mobile Computing
- Particle Methods
- Reaction Network Simulations
- Real Time Systems
- Security and Cryptography I
- Systems Engineering I
- Systems Engineering II
- Advanced Logics
- Advanced User Interfaces
- Component Based Software Engineering
- Distributed Operating Systems
- Foundations of Concurrent and Distributed Systems
- Internet and Web Applications
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Lab Course Modeling and Automated Verification
- Microkernel Construction
- Resilient Networking
- Seminar Selected Topics in Logic and Verification
- Spatiotemporal Modeling and Simulation
- Software Fault Tolerance
- Wireless Sensor Networks
Other elective courses in English at TUD:
The list below reflects courses at the TU Dresden Institute of English and American Studies that are typically offered during Fall and Spring.
For more information, please, contact us or consult their website.
- Anglistic Linguistics
- English Literature
- North American Literature
- Cultural Studies of Great Britain
- North American Cultural Studies
In addition to the above mentioned courses, students have the opportunity to take any other course at TU Dresden, if those are in line with their language proficiency and academic requirements and interests.