Think on this guest post by Dr. Virginia Sapiro for the upcoming...
Theft & Larceny Prevention
The most common crime at BU is theft. Here are a few key ways to keep your valuables secure.
- Always lock and secure your door(s) and windows.
- If you lose your key or it is stolen, report it immediately to your residence hall office, your resident assistant, or the resident assistant on call. If off campus, report the lost key to your building manager or leasing office.
- Don’t leave valuables unattended or unsecured in your room or in common areas.
- Don’t let strangers enter or sign in to your residence.
- Don’t prop doors open.
- When studying at a café, library, or lecture hall, don’t leave your laptop and other valuables unattended.
- Record all serial numbers of valuable possessions.
- Register your laptop with the BUPD.
- Report suspicious activity to the BUPD (617-353-2121).
- Use campus emergency blue-light phones.
- Do not lend your BU ID card to anyone.