Student Life Fellowship Project
The fellowship program, supported by the Dean of Students Office, is a leadership pipeline program that will provide experiential opportunities for mid- and entry-level full-time, salaried exempt staff within the Division of Student Life at Boston University. Fellows will collaborate extensively with a senior leader in DOS to launch a program/initiative that enriches the division and enhances our impact on students.
- Increase professional capacity for working in other areas of student affairs.
- Deeply engage in the incubation, pilot and assessment of an initiative that benefits the division as a whole.
- Identify transferrable skills that are key to future professional advancement.
- The fellowship is an unpaid, stretch position that is roughly 5-10 hours per week. Fellows are expected to maintain their full-time workload throughout the experience.
- Access to funding to catalyze initiatives an attend specialized professional development opportunities, as appropriate.
- DOS Deans will serve as mentors/touchpoints for the Fellows during the experience.
- Fellows may attend senior-level meetings to enhance their experience
- Personalized outcomes will be developed and Fellows will receive a customized performance evaluation at the conclusion.
- At conclusion of the program, Fellows may be engaged in developing professional development opportunities for colleagues throughout the division.
- Must be a member of the Office of the Dean of Students & Division of Student Life staff
- Mid- and entry-level full-time, salaried exempt employees who have served the university for at least 12 months.
- Employee must have achieved at least a ‘successful’ rating on their most recent performance appraisal and have no significant disciplinary history.
- Current supervisor/department head endorsement is required.
- Applicants will complete an online application process (found below.)
- Fellowship proposals are accepted on a rolling basis, and not all proposals can be selected.