CRC Facial Expression Analysis Workshop
- Starts: 1:30 pm on Wednesday, June 3, 2020
- Ends: 2:30 pm on Wednesday, June 3, 2020
The Communication Research Center (CRC) at Boston University is equipped with the technology, software, facilities, and expertise to aid researchers in conducting studies using biometric methods. There is vast potential for researchers of various disciplines to utilize these methods in order to glean more holistic insights into how their respondents feel about and behave towards particular stimuli.
Led by the CRC’s Lab & Research Manager, Susie Blair, these virtual workshops will focus on four different biometric modules offered via the iMotions biometric research platform—Facial Expression Analysis, Eye Tracking, Galvanic Skin Response (GSR), and Electroencephalography (EEG). Each module will have one dedicated hour-long online workshop, conducted via Zoom. Attendance is free.
In this introductory workshop, participants will:
- Learn the theoretical and technical basics of Facial Expression Analysis
- Discover the ways in which Facial Expression Analysis can be used to augment traditional research methods (e.g., focus groups, interviews, and surveys) to form a more nuanced understanding of respondent reactions and behaviors
- See the various forms of data that can be gathered via Facial Expression Analysis