BOSTON - Tuesday, July 2, 2019 - Mayor Martin J. Walsh today...
Job Opportunities in the DOS Office
Dean of Students Program & Operations Assistant Job Description
The Dean of Students Office proudly employs students who support our mission to help enhance the character, quality, and perspective of all BU students. As the welcoming unit for the George Sherman Union, they promote community within their building and across the larger BU campus between students, faculty, staff, and families. The DOS student employees also support full-time administration within the Dean of Students Office while building their communication and professional skills. We strive to empower our Program and Operations Assistants to learn, grow and take initiative during their time in our office.
- Serve as supports and liaisons for the Division of Student Life and various other departments on campus (e.g. Facilities, Orientation, Events and Conferences, etc.)
- Support visitors, students and families in our offices, and effectively troubleshoot issues that may arise
- Support the daily activities of the Dean of Students offices (e.g. mail, answering phones, special projects)
- Staff various BU programming including Friends and Family Weekend, Orientation events, and On Course to College student visits
- Cultivate a welcoming and inclusive environment for fellow staff members and the BU community
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT
Spring 2019: January 21, 2020 until May 9, 2020 Students have the option to work over Spring Break as well as re-apply to join the DOS Summer 2020 Team
HOURS OF OPERATION
Students wishing to work on the DOS staff should have availability within the following hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. until 10 p.m. Dean of Students staff is considered essential personnel and are expected to work snow days. The office will be closed on all University-observed holidays.
SPRING TRAINING SESSIONS
January 17th 4pm-8pm and 18th 9am-12pm. Dates and times may be subject to change. Staff Training Students will be compensated for training hours.
Pay will be discussed in interviews, as Massachusetts minimum wage is changing as of January 2020. Work Study is preferred, but not required for this position.
Please email a resume and cover letter to the Dean of Students Office Graduate Assistants, Nichole Ciccarelli and Tommy Wlodek, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions about this position may be directed to the DOS Graduate Assistants either by email at email@example.com or by phone at 617-353-4126.