The following message from Kelly Nee, Chief of Police for the Boston...
Do you need a notary? Fall 2018 Notary Hours
The Dean of Students office has notaries available for BU students, faculty and staff. We are expanding our services this fall. In addition, we have partnered with a local company who can offer 24/7 notarizations for those who are in a rush!
Fall 2018 Notary Schedule
Our walk-in hours for notary services will be the following for the fall are below. We now have two locations for walk-in hours – some hours are located at the Dean of Students’ office, and others are at the new Judicial Affairs’ offices at 25 Buick Street.
Mondays from 3-4:30pm (Dean of Students office, George Sherman Union third floor)
Tuesdays from 1-3pm (Judicial Affairs, 25 Buick Street) and 3-4:30pm (Dean of Students office, George Sherman Union third floor)
Thursdays from 1-3pm (Judicial Affairs, 25 Buick Street) and 2-3pm (Dean of Students office, George Sherman Union third floor)
Fridays from 2-3pm (Dean of Students office, George Sherman Union third floor)
- On Friday, Dec. 7th, this hour will be from 12-1pm instead of 2-3pm.
There will be no hours at Judicial Affairs (25 Buick) on Tuesday, December 18 or Thursday, December 20. We apologize for the inconvenience.
If those times do not work for you, please email email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
Online Notary Availability
If you cannot come in during normal business hours, our office has partnered with Notarize.com. Founded by a BU alumnus, Notarize.com is an online service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to do notarizations via online chat. Register on their site with your BU.edu email address to receive $5 off every notarization. If you have any questions about using an online notary public for your document, connect with the Notarize support team via their site.
Things To Know
- You must present a government-issued ID for notarizations.
- Don’t sign your form until you get here. The notary needs to watch you sign it.
- We cannot notarize bank statements or financial records. Only the bank or entity originating the statement can certify the statement.
- We can make a color copy of your passport or driver’s license for you for notarization purposes – just ask when you arrive! No need to find a copier yourself!
- If you are looking to have a closing packet notarized, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment instead of coming into walk-in hours. Closing packets take approximately 20 minutes to notarize, and walk-in hours are not meant for notarizations of that length.
Can’t get down to the George Sherman Union? The University Registrar also offers walk-in notary services for University documents only. There are also notaries available at the Medical Campus at the School of Medicine and School of Dental Medicine.