Senior Week is on the move and we’re not going to let a few raindrops stop our fun? I didn’t think so!
It’s on! You’re still dancing on the Harbor tonight. Here are few tips for folks in the know:
- First, you’ve got to get there. The party starts on the boat at 6:45 p.m. We’re dealing with sailors – they like doing things on time.
- Get to the right dock. It’s the World Trade Center pier. There’s always a person or two who go elsewhere. If you’re at the Aquarium pier, Rowes Wharf, or the BU Boathouse you’re at the wrong place – hightail it over to the World Trade Center!
- Now for the party. Arrggghhh! Rumor has it that it’s a pirate theme. (Really?) We recommend you class that theme out. Lots of styles for pirates: Punk; airship; professional; Goth; Rock; historic, and, even the online-types. No for your stylist. Save your cocktail dress or your wingtips for later in the week.
- Dress warm. We know it could put a crimp in your pirate-style choice, but it could be a little chilly. Most of the decks are covered, but prep up anyway.
- Don’t forget to bring your ticket, your I.D., and good, old-fashioned cash – no debit or credit cards – you’ll be on a boat. (A cash bar for those 21 or older will be available, but you must have a valid license or passport.)
- Massachusetts State Troopers will check you in at the dock and before you get on the boat. Good idea to be on your best behavior – mouthing-off is a sure fire way to ensure you get to have dinner with me in the brig at the dock.
- You get there on your own, but we’ll have buses waiting to get you back to campus (should be a return to campus around midnight). Check the BU Senior Week 2012 app for directions. There’s a happening scene around the Waterfront area – if you decide to stick around after the boat ride, make sure you and your friends make arrangements to get home safely.
- No matter what you do, don’t fall — or jump — off the boat!
- (The evening’s suggested hashtag: #imonaboat (if you have to ask, you’re not up on it))
Finally, I can’t make it on the boat. Snap and tweet a photo or two – of course, I’ll be watching the photo streams. You never know, best picture from the evening might win a prize.
You’re only allowed one pirate noise or pun tonight. Have a great time. Stay safe.