The following message from Kelly Nee, Chief of Police for the Boston...
Coffee and Conversation: Let Me Have One Last Sip
You got next?
I started with a simple vision: a weekly meet up with a little conversation on the side. You took it to a new level. Coffee & Conversation has become a gathering point for passions – a place where the ideas and causes you believe in can get a little air and loving criticism.
It’s time for me to get off the floor.
It belongs to you – it was never mine. I’m stepping off but I’ll keep the coffee flowing and the plates of good cookies until the end of the semester. You’re up! Take Coffee & Convo and make it what you need to be.
Let me get one last sip – a little unsolicited advice.
- It’s about the meet up, music, and purpose – keep a little bit each week.
- Breaks are not wasted time.
- Silence is the beginning of thought.
- Connect, for real, outside of the room with people and culture – it will make you more interesting.
- Move! National works best. Global is better.
- Have a question session. An afternoon where – if you’re in the room and you want to play – you can only speak with questions.
- Pay attention to the rhythm, the rebel.
- It’s lyrical.
- Topic suggestions: obligation; Iran; heroes and sheroes; the stuff we cannot talk about; evil; and, peace.
- Protect the soft voices.
- The vibe gets more play than the facts – it’s what we remember.
- Walk away from your conversations without being angry at the other folks.
- Respect each other.
- I’ll jump in on future convos about love.
May all your convos be funky!
PS – of course I got to drop a quick playlist