The following is a message from Boston Police Department Commissioner William Evans: Dear Students: On...
Invitations Are Out – Hey New Terriers!
on the street is that we just dropped a bunch of invitations for new folk to make a future here – the 2015 Terriers. Welcome to the family.
Our have been on a long journey. Let’s all pause to celebrate them. They took deep breaths and listened to the bray of their hearts. You are . . . You join
Our traditions and legacy go on with you. We invite you to be a part of this tradition. You help to keep this place vital, vibrant, and alive.
Explanations of the are complicated. This place is about the power of now. There is no script. A place full of split-second decisions to fulfill what the moment requires. This is a grand conversation. Inspired thinking. A cool urban campus. Historic. Caring.
floats through this place – it is both lyrical and thought provoking. Style in a place where the mind and the heart dance together . . .
As a guide, here’s you can uphold here: be bold, be free, be truthful.
Here on the pulse of this new day, with we look up and out at the new folk and say
- new Terriers: Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar, Chapter 20; Cornell West, Hope on a Tightrope, p.93
- spirit of this place: Wynton Marsalis with Geoffrey C. Ward, Moving to Higher Ground: How Jazz Can Change Your Life, p.8
- Style: Ilan Stavans with Verónica Albin, Love and Language, p. 28, 26
- a motto: Brenda Ueland, If You Want to Write, xiv
- pride: Maya Angelou, On The Pulse Of Morning
(This is remixed from my March 27, 2010 post)