3. Other Content. Content on the Site other than OpenBU Materials is made available only for your personal, noncommercial use. You may not retransmit, publish, distribute, display or otherwise make available any such Content to others, except as we may otherwise expressly allow, and except for the notices and other information accompanying OpenBU Materials, which you may make available when you have the right to make the related OpenBU Materials available.
5. Permissions. If you wish to make any use of the Content that requires authorization under copyright, trademark or other rights, you agree to obtain all necessary permissions. You are responsible for determining whether permission is needed to make any use of the Content that you wish to make.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability and Remedies. The Site is provided by us on an “as is” basis. Your use of the Site and the Content is at your sole risk. We make no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the operation of the Site, the information, content or materials included on the Site. We and our employees and contractors assume no legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed herein and do not represent that use of such information, apparatus, product or process would not infringe on privately owned rights. In no event shall we be liable to you, in contract, tort or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary or other damages of any kind arising out of or relating to the Site or Content, or your use of the Site or Content, or any third party rights in the Content, even if the Site or Content is defective or we are negligent or otherwise at fault, and regardless of whether we are advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
7. Submissions to OpenBU. We have specific requirements and procedures that apply to Authors and others who submit articles or other material to the OpenBU repository for posting on the Site, and any such submission must be made in accordance with those requirements and procedures.
8. Links to Other Sites. This Site has links to outside organizations, including some private organizations. These linked sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. Once you link to another site, you are subject to the policies of the new site. The OpenBU repository provides outside links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us.
10. Copyright Complaints. We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe your copyright has been violated on the Site, please notify us as provided at http://www.bu.edu/copyright/, where you will find the contact information for our designated agent under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (see 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3) for further information). That contact information pertains only to notifications of claimed infringement. Please direct all other communications concerning the Site to the BU Institutional Repository at firstname.lastname@example.org.