Change your Entry
Information You Cannot Update
To specify e-mail forwarding, go to www.bu.edu/tech/comm/email/email-forwarding/.
Public information with Source listed as "from Personnel" is
maintained by the Boston University Office of Personnel.
This information is updated every Wednesday; changes display
in the Directory by Friday. Administrative information about
departments is updated annually.
- Faculty and Staff: Update your name, office address,
office phone number, home address, and emergency contact
information on the Employee
Link. If you have any questions please contact the Office
of Personnel at 617-353-2972.
- Students: Update your directory address information
on the Student
Link Personal Info page.
Information You Can Update Here
Information Systems and Technology maintains your account information
and optional data. You can change:
- Whether you wish to publish your e-mail address.
- Your home page address and whether you publish it.
- Whether your are listed on a people.bu.edu index page.
- How the spam-tagging services tag your e-mail messages.
- How Microsoft Exchange servers in Boston University's
Active Directory display your name.
- Additional optional information.
All changes you make are effective immediately, except
changes to the people.bu.edu listing. people.bu.edu index
pages are updated 4 times a day: at midnight, 6 a.m., noon,
and 6 p.m.
To Update Your Entry
The login button below will open a new browser window so
you can view these instructions along side the page you will
- Click the button below to begin (requires BU login name
and Kerberos password authentication).
- After successful WebLogin authentication
you will be able to make changes.
- Make your necessary changes in the appropriate sections.
If you are leaving the University, you should go to www.bu.edu/tech/comm/email/email-forwarding/ to specify where your e-mail should be forwarded.
- When you have entered the changes, click any of
the Submit buttons. To revert all data to the your current
directory data click any of the Reset buttons.
- You will be shown a confirmation page that displays the
changes you are requesting.
When you have verified the changes that you request, click Commit
submit the changes and make them effective. To correct
mistakes or to make adjustments prior to committing the
changes click the Edit button.
To cancel your changes and end the process,