Change Your Entry
Update Personal Information
Faculty & Staff
- Public information is maintained by Human Resources.
- To update your office address, office phone number, home address, and emergency contact information, login to BUworks Central and select the Employee Self Service tab.
- Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com with any questions.
- Public information is maintained by the Office of the Registrar.
- To update your personal information (excluding name and date of birth), please login to Student Link or complete this form.
- For international students, your name must match your passport exactly.
- Please contact the Office of the Registrar at 617-353-3612 with any questions.
If you are leaving the University, visit www.bu.edu/tech/comm/email/forwarding/ to specify where your e-mail should be forwarded.
Update Departmental Information
- Public information is maintained by IS&T Communication Services
- To update departmental information, submit a ticket indicating the changes that need to be made AND your personal contact information for verification.
- Please contact Communication Services at 617-353-2097 with any questions.
Update Your Personal Preferences
You can log in to the BU Electronic Directory (requires BU login name and Kerberos password authentication) to change your preferences for the following items:
- Whether to publish your e-mail address
- How your nickname displays in the online directory
- Your home page address and whether it displays in the online directory
- Your spam email filter preferences
All changes you make are effective immediately, except changes to the people.bu.edu listing. people.bu.edu index pages are updated 4 times a day: at midnight, 6 a.m., noon, and 6 p.m.
- Log in to the BU Electronic Directory (requires BU login name and Kerberos password authentication).
- Enter your changes and select SUBMIT. Or, to undo your changes select RESET.
- Verify the changes and select COMMIT CHANGES. To made adjustments, select EDIT. To cancel your changes select CANCEL.