Dining Services collaborates with Student Health Services and the BU Sargent Choice Nutrition Center (BU SCNC) at Sargent College to provide nutrition services to Boston University students. Nutrition counseling is available for a variety of concerns.
- Weight management
- Disordered eating practices
- Diabetes mellitus or impaired glucose tolerance
- Celiac disease
- Gastrointestinal disorders, including irritable bowel disease
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Iron-deficiency anemia
- Vegetarian or vegan meal planning
- Healthy meal planning
- Nutrition for exercise and athletic performance
Nutritional Services on Campus
To schedule an individual counseling appointment, call the BU Sargent Choice Nutrition Center (BU SCNC) at 617-353-2721.
BU Sargent Choice Nutrition Center (BU SCNC)
635 Commonwealth Avenue
6th Floor, Room 631
To register for a group nutrition session, visit the BU SCNC website.
To register for a PE credit nutrition course, visit the Fitness & Recreation Center website.
To learn about BU’s unique, healthy dining program, visit the Sargent Choice website.
Daily menus for each dining hall are available online. Students can review the ingredients listed in each recipe in advance of entering the dining hall.
- Follow this link http://www.bu.edu/dining/menus-hours/, choose the menu and meal of interest, and select an item to view its nutrition information and ingredient list.
- Recipes may change at any time, and online ingredient lists may not be up to date. Ingredient substitutions can also occur. Students should still speak with a chef to confirm the absence of an ingredient at the time of service.
- Students should always locate a manager or chef for questions, not the server at the station in question. ***Items served outside of the GF Pantries and Stations have a high risk of cross contact or ingredient substitutions. It is not advised that students with celiac disease or severe allergies consume them.