Certified Green Restaurants® at Boston University
In December 2012, Fresh Food Company, Rize and Late Night Kitchen at Marciano Commons became the first university to have 4-Star Certified Green Restaurants®. We are very proud to be among the few 4-star restaurants in the country!
Boston University Dining Services is thrilled to have partnered with Facilities Management & Planning, sustainability@BU and Bruner Cott to design and build a sustainable kitchen, as well as maintain our efficient kitchens.
- Energy Star equipment and refrigeration
- A state-of-the-art dish machine at Marciano Commons
- Variable speed exhaust fans
- Comprehensive waste diversion and reduction programs
- Sustainable food procurement
- Greater than 30% vegetarian entrees on our menus at all three locations
- A $0.25 reusable mug discount given at Rize and the Union Court
- The green cleaning program across campus
- The components of the LEED-registered building, including
To learn more about what makes Fresh Food Co a 4-Star Certified Green Restaurant®, click here.
To learn more about what makes Rize a 4-Star Certified Green Restaurant®, click here.
To learn more about what makes Late Night Kitchen a 4-Star Certified Green Restaurant®, click here.
To learn about our 3-Star Certified Green Restaurant® on campus, click here.