Read our 2013 Sustainability Report here…
Boston University Dining Services serves 6.2 million meals a year from 3 residential dining halls, 1 kosher dining hall, 2 catering operations, 1 faculty dining room and 15 retail locations. It is our goal to serve wholesome, delicious and affordable food to the Boston University community and its guests. We strive to meet this goal with the smallest environmental impact. Our sustainability program is part of a campus-wide effort to reduce the use of natural resources, operating costs, improve environmental and social impacts, and prepare this generation to lead our society toward a more sustainable future.
In addition to operating the greenest food court in the country, we recently received the Green Restaurant Associations highest rating of 4 stars for three of our restaurants. The Fresh Food Company at Marciano Commons, Rize and The Late Night Kitchen are the only 4 star university operated restaurants in the country.
- 4-Star Certified The Fresh Food Co. at Marciano Commons
- 4-Star Certified The Late Night Kitchen at Marciano Commons
- 4-Star Certified Rize Cafe at Marciano Commons
- 3-Star Certified The Union Food Court
- 2012 recipient of Boston Mayor Menino’s Sustainable Food Leadership Award