BUMC Taxi Reimbursement Program
GSDM students are eligible for taxi reimbursement under the BUMC Taxi Reimbursement Program.
What area does this program cover?
Local MBTA stops and students’ residences within a 2-mile radius of 70 E. Newton Street. (To determine if your home is within the range, use mapquest.com or maps.google.com to calculate the distance from 70 E. Newton Street, zip 02118)
When can students utilize this program?
Weekends (Saturday & Sunday) and holiday evenings between DUSK and 1:00 a.m. During the week (M–F), transportation is provided free of charge by the Evening Shuttle.
- Go to Security Desk located in the lobby of Boston Medical Center’s East Newton Pavilion (next to GSDM)
- Present your BU ID and ask for a “Student Taxi Reimbursement Form”
- Complete form
- Use taxi phone on the adjacent wall to be connected directly to a taxi company
- Student is responsible for paying the fare and tip directly to the driver
- Be sure to obtain a receipt from the driver that shows the date, time, destination address, fare amount, tip amount, and total amount
- When trip is complete, enter fare, tip, and total amount on your form
How to obtain reimbursement
- Present the yellow copy of the Student Taxi Reimbursement Form and your receipt to the Office of Student Affairs (G-305) within 30 days of your taxi trip
- Requests made 30 days following taxi trip are NOT eligible for reimbursement
Other Important Info
- Taxi Reimbursement Form applies only to taxi trips used on the evening of issuance. Unused forms must be returned to the Public Safety Officer/Security Desk.
- MAX Reimbursement is $10, based on City of Boston regulated rates.
- Students participating in this program understand that transportation is provided by a third party and that Boston University cannot be held responsible for the performance of the vendor. Participants assume full responsibility for any risk that may result from participation in the program.
- Proper use of this program is based on the honor system. In addition, abuse or violation of the program may result in termination of privileges to use the program.