Student Affairs strives to create an environment at GSDM that is inclusive and supportive of all students, including those students who identify as LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer/Questioning) and their allies.
Below is a list of campus, university, and community resources for LGBTQ+ students and allies.
Please contact Student Affairs firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
- American Student Dental Association (ASDA) Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- This committee within BU’s chapter of the American Student Dental Association supports and celebrates student inclusion and diversity. The committee organizes and participates in various campus events around cultural, spiritual, and social diversity include Boston Pride Week and the Boston Pride Parade.
- GSDM Out and Ally List – Coming soon!
- A list of GSDM faculty and staff who have demonstrated a willingness to act as allies to the LGBTQ+ members of the GSDM community and affirm that they will do their best to ensure that our students, faculty, staff, patients, and colleagues feel safe and supported.
- Boston University Medical Campus (BUMC) Pride
- BUMC Pride showcases the diversity of the students, faculty, and staff at the medical campus and joins the network of many other lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA+) organizations within the Boston University system and the surrounding community.
- Counseling and Support Services for GSDM Students
- Sexual Assault Response and Prevention Center (SARP)
- SARP provides rapid, confidential, compassionate, supportive, and free-of-charge advocacy and assistance to BU students who have experienced a traumatic incident. This includes, but is not limited to, sexual assault, physical assault, interpersonal violence, and other crimes. SARP is also bound by law to maintain your complete confidentiality.
- BU Student Health Services
- LGBT and Gender Identity Studies Guide
- The Center for Gender, Sexuality, and Activism (CGSA)
- CGSA at Boston University is a resources center that strives to give voice to institutionally marginalized groups through and intersectional approach to activism and education.
- Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery @ Boston Medical Center
- Boston Alliance of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Youth (BAGLY)
- Fenway Institute
- The Fenway Institute at Fenway Health works to make life healthier for those who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender, people living with HIV/AIDS, and the larger community through research, evaluation, education, training, and public health advocacy.
- Human Rights Campaign
- National Gay & Lesbian Task Force
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- Transgender Law Center
- Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)