South End Fitness Center Benefit
The South End Fitness Center (SEFC)
35 Northampton Street, 4th Floor
SEFC is a facility of the Boston Public Health Commission (BPHC) located adjacent to the Boston University Medical Campus.
GSDM students have the opportunity to join the SEFC through a BUMC affiliation membership.
- The number of memberships available to the entire BUMC student community is limited per the contract between BUMC and SEFC.
- Subsidized enrollment is on a first-come, first-served, school-by-school basis and is not guaranteed once SEFC determines that all contracted memberships have been assigned.
- After that determination, students who wish to enroll in SEFC may do so at their own expense directly through SEFC.
Annual membership for GSDM students who elect to join the SEFC is coordinated through the Student Affairs Office.
To qualify for membership, you must:
- Be enrolled and registered at GSDM for the current semester (or for the fall, if applying in summer).
- Entering GSDM students may complete and submit SEFC membership approval requests after the first day of classes.
- Be in good judicial standing.
- Have updated your BU Alert contact information via the Student Link.
- Log in to the Student Link.
- Under Personal tab, click “address and phone”.
- Update contact information.
- Be in compliance for student account settlement.
- Be in clinical compliance for TB clearance, immunizations, and medical documentation submission.
Important Information about SEFC Membership:
- SEFC membership is on a fiscal-year basis, from July 1 to June 30.
- GSDM students must obtain authorization and re-enroll annually to maintain access to the SEFC.
- Students may submit the online request to GSDM Student Affairs Office as early as June.
- Requests will be processed and authorization documentation will be released starting in July.
- All students must visit the Student Affairs Office in person to sign membership documents.
- Entering students may submit the online form prior to Orientation and may visit the Student Affairs Office to sign documents when classes begin, after Orientation.
- The deadline for a dental student to request authorization for subsidized membership is March 1, given memberships are available.
- Membership is valid until June 30 regardless of the start date of SEFC membership enrollment.