Post-doctoral Programs Orientation Checklist
What You Should Do Before Orientation:
- Review Post-doctoral checklist
- Set up your BU email address and access to the Boston University Student Link
- Obtain required health inoculations, tests, and titers, including TB Test and Hepatitis B
- Enter your Immunization Information and Health History on the Student Health Services Portals.
- Mail your completed Immunization and Physical Form by JUNE 1, 2013 to Student Health Services (881 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, MA 02125 USA).
- Submit Health History and Physical Examination Report to Student Health Service (fax # 617-353-3557 or 617-353-7224).
- Explore education financing options
- Read and respond appropriately to University correspondence (whether paper or electronic)
- Explore housing options and arrange for your move
- Provide the Office of Admissions with your updated contact information
- Obtain your student identification card (aka BU ID card or Terrier Card) upon your arrival in Boston
- ID Office is located at 710 Albany Street
- Bring your letter of acceptance and your BU ID number with you.
For International students (including Canadian students):
After You Receive Specific Instructions and Materials, You Should:
- Submit final transcripts
- Please submit to the Admissions Office an official final transcript that includes all semesters of study and a statement of the degree awarded
- Make sure you request that your prior school produces the transcript following your graduation
- If the final official transcript does not include a statement of the degree awarded, also submit a photocopy of your diploma
- Most international students submit a final transcript and a photocopy of the diploma during the application process; it is not necessary to send duplicates of these materials if no changes have been made in the record
- For post-doctoral students, if you have not already done so, please submit your original dental school transcript and diploma copy, in addition to the official ECE or WES transcript evaluation (for international students)
- All post-doctoral students are required to take a cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) class during Orientation.
- Each post-doctoral program will be assigned to a specific evening session.
- Please note that CPR training is mandatory for all students, regardless of past certification.