Flu Shots for GSDM Pre- and Post-Doctoral Students
2015 Flu Shot Clinics – TBD
Please bring your BU ID with you
HOW DO I BECOME COMPLIANT WITH FLU VACCINATION POLICY?All GSDM students, residents, and fellows must comply with Flu Vaccination policy.
- Receive a flu shot at one of the Student Health Services-sponsored flu shot clinics on the BUMC or the Charles River Campus
- Receive a flu vaccination through outside service (ex. Your doctor’s office, public clinic, or pharmacy) AND provide documentation directly to Student Health Services
WHAT I HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION OR DOCUMENTED ALLERGY THAT PREVENTS ME FROM RECEIVING THE VACCINE?
- Acceptable medical exemptions include a documented adverse reaction to the flu vaccine, a documented allergy to a vaccine component, or a history of Guillain-Barre syndrome within six (6) weeks after previous dose of flu vaccine
- You must provide documentation from a medical provider that explains why you cannot receive the vaccine and submit directly to Student Health Services.
- If you obtain a medical exemption, you may be required to wear a surgical mask on all Boston Medical Center (BMC) property (including cafeterias) during flu season.
- If you have BU Aetna Student Health Insurance, the shot is free of charge.
- If you have another type of insurance, a $38 charge will appear on your student account. Student Health Services will provide you with a receipt which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
SUBMITTING PROOF OF VACCINATION:
- Proof of flu vaccination obtained outside of SHS must be submitted to SHS.
- Make a copy of the proof for your own records.
- Original can be mailed, faxed, or hand delivered to Student Health Services or presented to SHS staff at one of the flu shot clinics. Please DO NOT email, as this is protected health information.
- BU Student Health Services, Fax: 617-353-3557