Flu Shots for GSDM Pre- and Post-Doctoral Students
How do I become compliant with the Flu vaccination policy?
- Receive a flu vaccination at one of clinics run by BU Student Health Services (Go to http://www.bu.edu/shs/calendar/ for dates/times/locations)
- Receive a flu vaccination through outside provider (ex. Your doctor’s office, public clinic, or pharmacy) AND upload documents to the BU SHS Patient Connect portal
What if I wish to decline the Flue shot?
- You must complete a declination form and submit to SHS via “Patient Connect”
- For your own protection and for those around you, you will be required to wear a surgical mask during flu season while in buildings on the Medical Campus.
All Students/Residents must comply with the GSDM Flu Vaccination policy (either by receiving a flu vaccination or completing/submitting the declination form to Student Health Services.)
Students/residents who do not comply with this policy will be subject to disciplinary action.
What if I have a medical condition or documented allergy that prevents me from recieving the Flu Vaccine?
- Documentation from a medical provider explaining why you cannot receive the vaccine must be submit directly to SHS via “Patient Connect”
- If you obtain a medical exemption, you will be required to wear a surgical mask during flu season while in buildings on the Medical Campus.
- Acceptable medical exemptions include:
- A documented severe adverse reaction or allergy to any component of the vaccine
- A history of Guillain-Barre syndrome
What if I got my Flu vaccination from my doctor or outside clinic?
- If you received the flu vaccination from your private physician or an outside clinic, proof of flu vaccination must be submitted to SHS via Patient Connect (see instructions below)
How to upload proof of vaccination to patient connect
- Log onto Patient Connect
- Select Message and New Message
- Select the first option “Scheduling, incoming health requirements, immunizations, medical records, etc.”
- Write your BU ID on the document, attach file, and Send.