Flu Shots for GSDM Pre- and Post-Doctoral Students
|Wednesday, September 23, 2015||10 a.m. – 2 p.m.||Hiebert Lounge|
|Friday, October 9, 2015||11 a.m. – 3 p.m.||Hiebert Lounge|
|Friday, October 16, 2015||8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.||Hiebert Lounge|
|Wednesday, October 21, 2015||6:30 – 8:30 p.m.||Hiebert Lounge|
- If you have BU Aetna Student Health Insurance, the flu vaccination is free of charge.
- If you have another type of insurance, a $38 charge will appear on your student account. Student Health Services will provide you with a receipt which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
HOW DO I BECOME COMPLIANT WITH FLU VACCINATION POLICY? All GSDM students, residents, and fellows must comply with Flu Vaccination policy.
- Receive a flu vaccination at one of the Student Health Services-sponsored flu shot clinics
- Receive a flu vaccination through outside service (ex. Your doctor’s office, public clinic, or pharmacy) AND provide documentation directly to Student Health Services
WHAT IF I HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION OR DOCUMENTED ALLERGY THAT PREVENTS ME FROM RECEIVING THE VACCINE?
- Acceptable medical exemptions include a documented adverse reaction to the flu vaccine, a documented allergy to a vaccine component, or a history of Guillain-Barre syndrome within six (6) weeks after previous dose of flu vaccine
- You must provide documentation from a medical provider that explains why you cannot receive the vaccine and submit directly to Student Health Services.
- If you obtain a medical exemption, you may be requiredto wear a surgical mask on all Boston Medical Center (BMC) property (including cafeterias) during flu season.
WHAT IF I GOT MY FLU VACCINATION FROM MY DOCTOR OR OUTSIDE CLINIC?
- If you received the flu vaccination from your private physician or an outside clinic, proof of flu vaccination must be submitted to SHS.
- Original can be mailed, faxed, or hand delivered to Student Health Services or presented to SHS staff at one of the flu shot clinics. Please DO NOT email, as this is protected health information. Make a copy of the proof for your own records.
- BU Student Health Services, Fax: 617-353-3557