Licensing Board Exams
Dates of upcoming Licensing Board Exams at Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine
|North East Regional Board (NERB) Exam||Traditional Format||Sat. August 3 & Sun. August 4, 2013|
|North East Regional Board (NERB) Exam||CIF Preclinical Format||Sat. September 7 & Sun. September 8, 2013|
|North East Regional Board (NERB) Exam||CIF Preclinical Format||Sat. October 5 & Sun. October 6, 2013|
|North East Regional Board (NERB) exam||CIF Preclinical Format||Sat. February 8 & Sun. February 9, 2014|
|Canadian Dental Board Exam (NDEB ) exam||Regular Format||Sat. March 1 & Sun. March 2, 2014 (anticipated)|
|North East Regional Board (NERB) exam||CIF Preclinical Format||Sat. March 15 & Sun. March 16, 2014|
|Western Regional Board (WREB) exam||Regular Format||Fri. April 4 & Sat. April 5 & Sun. April 6, 2014 (anticipated)|
Please note: for the Dental Hygiene exam ONLY, the use of local anesthesia will NOT be permitted.
While candidates will be supplied instruments and materials currently in use at GSDM, candidates should plan to bring all necessary material and instruments for the clinical portion of the examinations.
Some examples of what you need to bring include:
- All handpieces
Note: Our units are equipped with the following connections:
- For Slow Speed Motor: Standard Midwest 4 hole screw on connector.
- For High Speed Handpiece: Midwest Fiber Optic Quick Connect Hose. You need to bring a M/W Connector for H/P: Part No.380354
- For a 2nd High Speed Handpiece: We use a Six Pin Fiber Optic Hose: You need to bring a Six Pin Coupler for the Type of H/P you plan on using or if you are using
- A Standard 5 Hole- F.O.H/P, you need to bring a: W&H Coupler # 02752500.
- Cavitron / Ultrasonic Cleaners and Tips (actual Cavitron unit can be provided by BUGSDM)
- Liners and bases
- Rubber dam punch – clamp, frames etc.
- All Endodontic instruments and supplies including one complete set of 25 mm films and reamers, heat source.
Please note that all candidates challenging one of the exams at GSDM must have all of their instruments processed in Central Sterilization prior to leaving the exam site.
Please further note that the following fees are charged to non-Boston University candidates: $75 clinic use fee (for both dental and dental hygiene candidates), and $125 manikin rental fee (for dental candidates challenging the fixed or endo portion of the exam).
With any other questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Bruce Robinson at email@example.com.