The Patient Treatment Center at Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine offers the following services:
Urgent Dental Care Center
Emergency dental treatment alleviates pain immediately and addresses acute problems such as infection and trauma. For emergency dental treatment on weekdays, please call 617-638-4700 to inquire about hours of service. Following emergency care, we recommend that you arrange an appointment with Oral Diagnosis & Radiology for a comprehensive evaluation.
Oral Diagnosis & Radiology
Your initial visit will most likely be in the Oral Diagnosis & Radiology department on the first floor. This is where most diagnostic radiographs (X-rays) and preliminary examinations are performed. Patients are then assigned to other departments for care.
Routine dental care is provided by student dentists in the general dental facilities. Patients requiring extensive dental care will be referred by the faculty to the appropriate specialty areas for treatment.
- Prevention Center: preventive education and cleanings
- Advanced General Practice: general dentistry for more complex dental needs
- Endodontics: root canal therapy
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery: the diagnosis and surgical treatment of diseases and injuries of the mouth, jaw, and related structures, including implantology, temporomandibular disorders (TMJ), and cranial disorders
- Cosmetic Dentistry: porcelain veneers, bleaching, and tooth-colored fillings
- Orthodontics: the adjustment of the position and alignment of the teeth through the use of corrective appliances or braces (available for both children and adults)
- Pediatric Dentistry: dentistry for children up to age 14
- Periodontology: the treatment of the tissues that surround and support the teeth
- Prosthodontics: the replacement and restoration of teeth through the use of implants, crown and bridge work, and complete and partial dentures
- Dentistry for Disabled Children & Adults
- Geriatric Dentistry: dentistry for older adults
- Oral Medicine: infectious and systemic disorders such as cancer, mouth lesions, AIDS/HIV, and taste disorders