What services does the plan cover?
The plan emphasizes preventive care – that means we want to help you attain and maintain good oral health. We also believe that the decision to have a cavity filled or to seek emergency treatment should not be driven by the cost. That’s why we also include basic restorative and emergency services under the Plan.
These services are covered:
- 2 routine cleanings (one every 6 months)
- Fluoride treatment (as needed)
- Oral hygiene instruction and follow up
- Radiographs (x-rays) as needed for services provided by the Plan
- Silver fillings (amalgams) and tooth-colored fillings (composites)
- Emergency treatment for relief of pain
- Emergency temporary fillings
These services are not covered:
- Veneers and bleaching
- Extractions: emergency or routine (This service may be covered by your medical insurance and can be provided by our excellent Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.)
- Specialty care
What if I need additional treatment?
New This Year: Members are eligible for a 10% discount on all non-covered services received at the Dental School.
As a plan subscriber, you are financially responsible for any additional care you receive.