Impressions, the School’s alumni magazine, and Bostonia, the University-wide alumni publication, will keep you informed about the School and about your friends and classmates. For alumni referral requests, contact the alumni office at 617-638-4891 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the Spring/Summer 2015 issue of Impressions.
Read the Fall 2014/Winter 2015 issue of Impressions.
Read the Fall 2013 issue of Impressions.
Read the Spring 2013 issue of Impressions.
Read the Fall 2012 issue of Impressions.
Dental Career Network
The Dental Career Network is a web-based resource for career information in the New England area. Free membership for both employers and prospective employees, sponsored by Boston University and the Massachusetts Dental Society. The network provides easy access to employment information online, 24 hours a day. Users can register; access and view dental opportunities; access and view résumés; and design and post a résumé, all online. Users can also look for an associate or hygienist for their practice and buy or sell dental equipment. The Dental Career Network is free for all students and alumni looking for and advertising positions.
For more information, call the Dental Career Network at 617-638-4056 or email email@example.com.
Continuing Dental Education
GSDM offers a variety of continuing education programs for dentists and auxiliary staff. These courses are designed to update oral health professionals on the latest developments in dental practice and research. Alumni of the School receive a 20 percent discount on the tuition of all continuing dental education programs except courses with special alumni rates and participation classes in endodontics. To receive information on courses, contact the Continuing Education Office at 617-638-4738 or visit the department’s website.
BU Alumni Card
As a Boston University alum, you are eligible for a BU Alumni Card. Your BU Alumni Card gives you access to several academic, career, health & fitness, recreation, housing & lodging, automotive, and other great benefits in the Boston area and beyond. Learn more…
- Sample benefits include:
- Medical, Life, Auto, and Home Insurance. The Boston University Alumni Association is pleased to offer several types of insurance available at special rates to BU alumni.
- Barnes & Noble. A 10% discount on general trade books and most merchandise at Barnes & Noble @ Boston University.
- Fitness & Recreation Center. Reconnect with BU as you work out in our beautiful, world-class Fitness & Recreation Center! Enjoy the use of competition and recreation pools, a two-story cardiovascular fitness and weight training center, indoor jogging track, climbing wall, two gymnasiums with seven multipurpose courts, racquetball and squash courts, a café, hundreds of recreational classes, and much, much more. The center offers membership plans and programming designed specifically for alumni, spouses, and dependents.
- Alumni Publications. Free subscription to Bostonia and other alumni publications.
For more information, contact the University’s Alumni Relations Office, 800-800-3466 or 617-353-5261, or via email.
BU Credit Card Update
Thank you for your support of Boston University through the US Bank Visa program. Effective December 31, 2011, that partnership has ended. Learn more…
Clinical Consultation Service
GSDM offers telephone consultation services to alumni in several specialty areas. Alumni in need of supplementary expertise may call:
- Diagnostic Issues and Radiographic Interpretation: Dr. John Guarente, 617-638-4845
- Endodontics: Dr. Ramzi Sarkis, 617-638-4971
- Geriatric Dentistry: Dr. Paula Friedman, 617-638-4741
- Implantology: Dr. Zhimon Jacobson, 617-638-5050
- Orthodontics: Dr. Leslie Will, 617-414-1026
- Pediatric Dentistry: Dr. Christopher Hughes, 617-638-4985
- Periodontology and Oral Biology: Dr. Serge Dibart, 617-638-4762
- Restorative Dentistry: Dr. Dan Nathanson, 617-638-5590
If a faculty member is not available when you call, please leave your name, phone number, and the nature of the matter you wish to discuss.