International Students

Accepted international students must submit the following documents to the Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine Admissions Office, following submission of the deposit and acceptance materials:

  • International Student Data Form (pdf; please fill out, print, and sign). Mail the completed form with your financial documentation and other materials to the Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine Admissions Office. The Admissions Office will submit your completed file to the International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO). The ISSO begins processing files after tuition and fee structures have been established by the University trustees. The ISSO will forward an immigration document to you with instructions on how to apply for the student visa. If you are in the U.S., the ISSO will send relevant instructions to you.
  • Copy of your passport information page with full name, photo, and passport expiration date.
  • Copies of any prior immigration paperwork, including prior I-20s, I-94 and visa stamps, etc.
  • Financial documentation as defined in the International Student Data Form.
  • If you will receive financial support from an individual, such as a relative, you must submit the Financial Sponsorship Certification for International Students (pdf; please fill out, print, and sign). You may send the financial documentation under separate cover to the Admissions Office as soon as it is available; do not delay submission of your other materials.

The Estimate of Expenses provided by the International Students & Scholars Office indicates the minimum financial documentation required for immigration documents for international students for the last academic year for which tuition has been determined. These numbers do not represent all costs (such as instruments). The Medical Campus Student Financial Services Office financial aid budget provides a more detailed explanation of costs. International students should provide documentation of financial resources approximately 8% greater than that established for the previous academic year if the tuition and fees have not yet been announced for the coming academic year.

Permanent Residents

If you hold Permanent Residency status in the United States of America, you do not need to submit an International Student Data Form, passport copies, or immigration paperwork. U.S. Permanent Residents should send the Admissions Office a notarized copy of both sides of your Alien Registration Receipt Card.