A rotation as a Clinical Observer in the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Boston University Medical Center is only available to Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and/or faculty members from other countries.
This observership is NOT available for individuals who are applying for Advanced Standing and/or other international student dental programs.
For the observership program, please complete the following application and mail as one complete package to:
Residency Program Coordinator
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
100 East Newton Street, G-407
Boston, MA 02118
- Completed application form
- Letter of intent stating your interest in the observership program
- Copy of dental school transcript/graduation degree or letter from dental school indicating enrollment status
- Two Professional reference/recommendation letters
- Copy of government issued id – passport or visa (if applicable)
- Provide documentation of vaccination or proof of immunity for Mumps, Rubella, Measles, and Varicella.
- 2 MMR vaccine dates or titer results
- 2 Varicella vaccine dates or positive titer results or receipt from a health care provider of diagnosis or verification of history of chicken pox or herpes zoster (shingles).
- Receive a flu vaccination. Flu vaccinations are only required during flu season. OEM will determine and announce the dates of the influenza vaccination program. Personnel who sign a flu declination must wear a mask on campus during flu season (usually October-March).
- Provide proof of adequate tuberculosis screening done within 3 months prior to start. If Visiting Personnel is at BMC longer than 3 months, a second TB screen will be required. A badge may be issued once the first step is completed.
- Tuberculosis skin test (TST) results must include date given and read and the millimeter (mm) of induration. The form should be signed by the health professional reading the test with printed name, title, and contact number on his or her letterhead.
- For those with prior positive TB skin tests, please provide documentation of the positive TB test date with size (mm) of skin reaction/induration, a copy of a normal chest X-Ray report obtained after the diagnosis of positive TB skin test, and documentation of your receiving TB medication counseling.
- Other tests for a positive, documented TB skin test such as the QFT or T-Spot obtained via blood draws will be accepted or utilized on a case by case basis.
For any questions, contact email@example.com