We treat others equally and consistently.
No one must ever feel that they are treated with bias or prejudicial behavior by any member of the GSDM community. We do not tolerate unfairness.
- We model fair and equal treatment of patients.
- We understand our obligation to avoid bias when interacting with our students.
- We strongly support policies that eliminate all forms of prejudicial treatment.
- We actively create an environment where everyone feels safe in expressing their opinions and concerns.
- We deal with wrongdoing (detecting and reporting) with no bias.
- We do not retaliate or allow others to retaliate for negative reports or evaluations.
- We apply the rules of professional conduct and standards for student promotion and graduation fairly.
- We treat every patient equally with no favoritism, and with no prejudice.
- We understand that we are all here to succeed. We discourage destructive “cutthroat” competitiveness.
- We understand that all students are classmates and part of a healthcare team. We unselfishly ensure that our classmates must have equal access to clinical facilities and patients.
- We support a student government in a transparent and democratic manner that encourages all students to participate.
- We understand that patients come from all backgrounds and levels of dental awareness and vary widely in their ability to communicate. We understand that many patients come to us with a high degree of anxiety. We give all of our patients the same degree of attention and exercise tolerance and patience.
- We insist on others treating patients fairly.
- We act without bias in serving the needs of students, faculty, administrators, and other staff members.
- We encourage equal student access to, and responsibility toward, our GSDM facilities.
- We acknowledge and avoid bias in our research.
- We are objective and professional when critically evaluating people (students, staff, and peers) and written materials (grants, manuscripts, and abstracts), and respect views differing from our own.
- We provide equal access to research training opportunities.
- We promote equal access to oral health care.
- We ensure that students gain equal access to education; learning materials; clinical, pre-clinical, and laboratory facilities; appointment utilization and patient care responsibilities; and access to faculty and staff.
- We assure that patient assignments are done fairly.
- We ensure that there is no favoritism in giving faculty, students and staff appropriate access to the facility.
- We set policies that give everyone equal opportunity to perform and to excel.
- We create and support policies that eliminate all forms of prejudicial treatment.
- We create an environment where everyone feels safe in expressing their opinions and concerns.
- We deal with wrongdoing (detecting and reporting) proactively and without bias.
- We never retaliate or allow others to retaliate for negative reports or evaluations.
- We apply the rules of professional conduct and standards for student promotion and graduation fairly and evenly.
- We do not discriminate in any way as we assess and select student and employee applicants.