GSDM Wins First Prize in Crest Oral B Challenge
Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine (GSDM) came in first place for the first-ever Crest Oral B Boston Dental Schools Challenge on January 29, 2014. GSDM competed against Harvard School of Dental Medicine (second place) and Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (third place).
The winner was determined based on a points system with five options. The system was as follows:
- Register on www.dentalcare.com
- Earn 10 points for every new dental student registration between January 15 and 28
- Identify your school in the drop down box during registration
- Take a brief Crest Oral B tutorial
- Earn 10 points/student that completes the tutorial
- Like us on Facebook then find the post to vote for the school you attend
- Earn 5 points for every unique vote
- Participate in short weekly surveys and possibly win gift cards for yourself
- Earn 5 points for every completed survey
- Attend Dr. Roger Levin’s lecture before the student reception on January 29 at 6 p.m. at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
- Earn 25 points for every attendee
The winner was announced at the student reception at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel immediately following Dr. Levin’s lecture. GSDM earned the most points (based on the percentage of pre-doctoral students at the School). First prize included $750 for GSDM’s American Student Dental Association (ASDA) and a trophy with our School’s name engraved on it. Second and third place schools received $500 and $250, respectively.
The reception included door prizes for the first 50 students attending the lecture, an enter-to-win contest for gift cards, and Crest Oral B goodie bags for all attendees.
“We are so excited and honored to have won the first ever Crest Oral B challenge,” said ASDA First Delegate Danielle Fernandez DMD 14.“ Everyone really came together and made sure to get all their friends and classmates involved in the competition. It was a great way to promote camaraderie amongst the GSDM family!”
“Congratulations to the Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine for winning the Crest Oral B Boston Dental Schools Challenge,” said Dean Jeffrey W. Hutter. “Special thanks to Dr. Joseph Calabrese and Erica Manczuk for their support in helping GSDM’s ADSA chapter claim the first place prize.”