#4 Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs
Graduate Programs in Cybercrime Investigation & Cybersecurity: Gain Key Skills
Earn a master's degree and/or graduate certificate in criminal justice from a leading research university with top-ranked programs
- Evenings on campus
- Part-time or full-time
- No GRE/GMAT required
Hackings, data breaches, and cyberattacks—when criminals infiltrate the digital realm, the risk to individuals, organizations, and national security can be monumental. PwC revealed that, in 2016, 32 percent of surveyed organizations had been affected by cybercrime. Cybereconomy research firm Cybersecurity Ventures asserts that by 2021, global cybercrime damages will exceed $6 trillion per year.
As demand for cybersecurity professionals rises, software security vendor Symantec projects 1.5 million unfilled positions by 2019. Now is the time to prepare for these opportunities with a Boston University master’s degree or graduate certificate in Cybercrime Investigation & Cybersecurity. Gain expertise in the legal practices, practical digital investigative knowledge, and policies related to cybersecurity risk assessment. Choose from the following online and on-campus programs:
- Master of Criminal Justice (on campus and online)
Concentration in Cybercrime Investigation & Cybersecurity
- Graduate Certificate in Cybercrime Investigation & Cybersecurity (on campus and online)
BU’s Metropolitan College has offered criminal justice education since 1973, and is one of the few institutions across the country to offer graduate programs grounded in the social sciences, but focused largely on cities, urban sociology, and criminal justice. Because MET is focused on practical, insightful, and adaptable knowledge, the tools and skills you learn at MET today can be immediately applied on the job while remaining relevant, useful, and valuable to your career growth for years to come.
Top Reasons Why You Should Consider BU’s Cybercrime Investigation Programs
- The online Master of Criminal Justice is ranked #4 among the nation’s Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs, 2017 (U.S. News & World Report).
- Interdisciplinary program includes criminal justice courses and computer science courses that are part of Metropolitan College’s Information Security programs, certified by the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS).
- Students who complete the program are eligible to take forensic examiner exams.
- Convenient evening or online formats allow you to balance your education and time with your work/life needs.
- Our faculty share your passion for criminal justice and are committed to your success. They bring to the classroom subject-matter expertise, research-based insight, and extensive field experience in policing, cybercrime, the judicial system, and corrections.
- Throughout your program, you can rely on faculty to provide mentorship via assistantships, academic support, and career advising.
- Diverse on campus and online classrooms ensure vital connections with other criminal justice professionals from around the world—networks that can open doors.
- MET offers comprehensive financial assistance services.
Become an Effective Criminal Justice Leader
With courses in cybercrime, digital forensics and applied digital forensic investigation, and IT security policies and procedures, the master’s concentration and graduate certificate in Cybercrime Investigation & Cybersecurity will prepare you to excel and advance in a field with increasingly complex challenges.
BU’s Metropolitan College also offers a Master of Criminal Justice concentration and graduate certificate in Strategic Management.
As part of Boston University, Metropolitan College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), one of six nationally recognized accrediting agencies.
#37 in National Universities
#3 Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs for Veterans
Information Security programs at Metropolitan College are certified by the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS).