Criminal Justice Programs: Advance Your Career
Earn a degree and/or certificate in criminal justice from a leading research university with top-ranked programs
- Evenings on campus
- Part-time or full-time
- No GRE/GMAT required
What does it take to lead a criminal justice organization in the twenty-first century? The challenges reach deep into society and are more complex than ever. Criminal justice programs at Boston University provide deeply relevant insight into the sociological, legal, theoretical, and practical areas of criminal justice leadership, along with critical training in strategic management and cybercriminology.
Now is the time to advance your career with a criminal justice degree or certificate from Boston University. Choose from the following online and on-campus degree programs:
- Master of Criminal Justice (on campus and online)
- Cybercrime Investigation & Cybersecurity
- Strategic Management
- Graduate Certificate in Cybercrime Investigation & Cybersecurity (on campus and online)
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Management (on campus and online)
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Forensics (on campus and blended online)
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice (on campus)
- Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice (on campus)
BU’s Metropolitan College has offered criminal justice education since 1973, and is one of the few institutions across the country to offer graduate programs grounded in the social sciences, but focused largely on cities, urban sociology, and criminal justice. Because MET is focused on practical, insightful, and adaptable knowledge, the tools and skills you learn at MET today can be immediately applied on the job while remaining relevant, useful, and valuable to your career growth for years to come.
Top Reasons Why You Should Consider BU’s Criminal Justice Programs
- The online Master of Criminal Justice is ranked #2 among the nation’s Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs, 2018 (U.S. News & World Report).
- Convenient evening or online formats allow you to balance your education and time with your work/life needs.
- Our faculty share your passion for criminal justice and are committed to your success. They bring to the classroom subject-matter expertise, research-based insight, and extensive field experience in policing, cybercrime, the judicial system, and corrections.
- Throughout your program, you can rely on faculty to provide mentorship via assistantships, academic support, and career advising.
- Diverse on-campus and online classrooms ensure vital connections with other criminal justice professionals from around the world—networks that can open doors.
- MET offers comprehensive financial assistance services.
Become an Effective Criminal Justice Leader
Whether at the bachelor’s level or the master’s level, the study of criminal justice draws upon a wide variety of disciplines, including criminology, cybersecurity, law, management, psychology, public health, and sociology. Whether you are enhancing your law enforcement career, planning for law school or a doctoral program, or considering a future in teaching, the programs in criminal justice at MET will prepare you to excel and advance in your field.
As part of Boston University, Metropolitan College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), one of six nationally recognized accrediting agencies.
Information Security programs at Metropolitan College are certified by the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS).