Relevant Background Reading
- Health Data Management
- International Journal of Digital Curation
- Journal of Management Information Systems
- Records Management Journal
- Science Magazine has a Special Online Collection dealing with data management, with a number of useful articles.
- Data Management in Academic Settings: An Intellectual Property Perspective by Lisa Geller, in Science and Engineering Ethics.
- Data management regulation: Your company needs an up-to-date data/information management policy by Anjanette H. Raymond, in Business Horizons.
- Importance of Data Management in a Long-Term Biological Monitoring Program by Sigurd W. Christensen, Craig C. Brandt, and Mary K. McCracken in Environmental Management.
- A Data Sharing Story by Mercè Crosas, in The Journal of eScience Librarianship
- Data Curation in Climate and Weather: Transforming Our Ability to Improve Predictions through Global Knowledge Sharing by Clifford A. Jacobs, in The International Journal of Digital Curation.
- Sharing Detailed Research Data Is Associated with Increased Citation Rate by Heather A. Piwowar, Roger S. Day, and Douglas B. Fridsma, in PLoS One.
Webpages and documents:
- Nature Publishing Group has a web page dedicated to their data sharing policy, including a links to a number of author resources on the subject.
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), OECD Principles and Guidelines for Access to Research Data from Public Funding.
- Data Management International (DAMA) has a number of excellent resources on their web page.
- The National Research Council of the National Academies has published an document entitled Sharing Publication-Related Data and Materials: Responsibilities of Authorship in the Life Sciences.
- The Federation of Earth Science Information Partners has put together an instructional module called Elements of a Data Management Plan.
- The Univeristy of Minnesota Digital Conservancy, A Workflow Model for Curating Research Data in the University of Minnesota Libraries: Report from the 2013 Data Curation Pilot by Lisa R. Johnston.
- Clinical Research Informatics, Editors: Rachel L. Richesson, James E. Andrews is an ebook that describes in-depth the role of data management and data management technologies in Clinical Research.
- Software and Data Technologies, Editors: José Cordeiro, Boris Shishkov, AlpeshKumar Ranchordas, Markus Helfert goes into detail about the technology behind data analysis and data management information systems. Very computer science oriented.
- Managing and Mining Graph Data, Editors: Charu C. Aggarwal, Haixun Wang is another computer engineering book focusing on software used to manage and access graph data.
- Data Intensive Distributed Computing: Challenges and Solutions for Large-Scale Information Management by Tevfik Kosar