Faculty Research Interests
Satellite Dish run by SRI in California
- John Clarke: Planetary atmospheres; UV astrophysics; FUV instruments for remote observations
- Ted Fritz: Space plasma physics; magnetospheric physics; magnetosphere-ionosphere coupling; substorms; charged particles and compositions; rocket and satellite experiments
- Wen Li: Research Interests: Space plasma waves; Earth’s magnetospheric physics; solar-wind magnetosphere coupling; energetic particle precipitation; Jovian magnetosphere and aurora
- Carlos Martinis: Ionospheric Physics, Space Physics, Thermosphere/Ionosphere plasma irregularities
- Michael Mendillo: Space physics; planetary atmospheres; observations and models
- Merav Opher: Computational and theoretical plasma physics in space and astrophysics; Interaction of the solar system with the interstellar medium; solar wind; shocks in the lower corona, T-Tauri and Solar-Like Stars.
- Meers Oppenheim: Computational and theoretical space plasma physics; dymanics of the E-region ionosphere; particle-wave interactions in the auroral ionosphere and magnetosphere; physics and observations of meteoroids and meteor plasmas
- Josh Semeter: Ionospheric and space-plasma physics; radar signal processing; spectroscopy of atmospheric airglow and aurora; optical sensors; image reconstruction and tomography
- Brian Walsh: Space plasma dynamics; Solar wind-planetary coupling; Small spacecraft; Cubesats; Space Weather
- Paul Withers: The behaviour of the martian upper atmosphere and ionosphere, and analysis of accelerometer data.