Faculty Research Interests
Satellite Dish run by SRI in California
- John Clarke: Planetary atmospheres; UV astrophysics; FUV instruments for remote observations
- Nancy Crooker: Solar wind, coronal mass ejections, magnetic topology, and space weather
- Ted Fritz: Space plasma physics; magnetospheric physics; magnetosphere-ionosphere coupling; substorms; charged particles and compositions; rocket and satellite experiments
- Carlos Martinis: Ionospheric Physics, Space Physics, Thermosphere/Ionosphere plasma irregularities
- Michael Mendillo: Space physics; planetary atmospheres; observations and models
- William Oliver: Radar studies of the upper atmosphere and ionosphere; ionospheric modeling, simulation, and theory; global change in the upper atmosphere
- Merav Opher: Computational and theoretical plasma physics in space and astrophysics; Interaction of the solar system with the interstellar medium; solar wind; shocks in the lower corona, T-Tauri and Solar-Like Stars.
- Meers Oppenheim: Computational and theoretical space plasma physics; dymanics of the E-region ionosphere; particle-wave interactions in the auroral ionosphere and magnetosphere; physics and observations of meteoroids and meteor plasmas
- Josh Semeter: Ionospheric and space-plasma physics; radar signal processing; spectroscopy of atmospheric airglow and aurora; optical sensors; image reconstruction and tomography
- George Siscoe: Space physics including solar wind, magnetospheres, and space weather
- Brian Walsh: Space plasma dynamics; Solar wind-planetary coupling; Small spacecraft; Cubesats; Space Weather
- Andrew West: Kinematics, distribution and magnetic activity of low-mass stars; metallicity, structure and evolution of the Milky Way thin disk; magnetic field generation in M and L dwarfs.
- Paul Withers: The behaviour of the martian upper atmosphere and ionosphere, and analysis of accelerometer data.