Spring 2020 Office Hours
Important Announcement Regarding Spring 2020 Office Hours:
Metropolitan College staff and faculty will be working remotely for the next few weeks. We will not be available for office visits but look forward to connecting with you online.
CS Remote Office Hours
Students are encouraged to call or email MET CS staff who are available to assist with topics such as:
- Department policy questions
- Program requirement clarifications
- Transfer credit/waiver requests
- Applications for graduation
- Program/Concentration change requests
Office Hours: Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Peer help via Zoom
Connect with on campus/blended course teaching assistants through Zoom Live Classrooms integrated into the Blackboard sites of each respective course. Please confirm meeting times directly with your course Teaching Assistant.
- Aysha – CS 521 Information Structures with Python
- Jiayue – CS 544 Foundations of Analytics with R
- Sirish – CS 682 Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Fangji – CS 699 Data Mining
Peer help expectations :
- Students should come prepared with questions and topics they want to discuss.
- Peer helpers guide students in the understanding of core concepts and can help answer questions they may have.
- Peer helpers are not professors and students should not expect them to be field experts. Students looking for answers from an expert in the field should set up an appointment with their professor.
Tutoring for online students
Smarthinking™ is an award-winning online tutor service available to all online students free of charge. Smarthinking provides tutoring in a variety of subjects. The Smarthinking service may be used for Boston University online classwork only.
Faculty Office Hours
Full time faculty office hours are listed below. Faculty will be working remotely for the next few weeks and will not be available for office visits but look forward to connecting with you online. Part time faculty office hours are available on the course syllabus or you may email for an appointment.
Thursdays from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 318
Professor Eric Braude
Wednesdays from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 331
Thursdays 4:15 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Questrom School of Business Atrium, 595 Commonwealth Avenue
Andrew Gorlin, Academic Advisor
Tuesdays from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 317
Professor Suresh Kalathur
Mondays and Tuesdays from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 304
Professor Vijay Kanabar
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 402
Professor Jae Young Lee
Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 303
Professor Eugene Pinsky
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 327
Professor Reza Rawassizadeh
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 320
Professor Anatoly Temkin
Professor Kia Teymourian
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 325
Professor Guanglan Zhang
Mondays from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Wednesdays from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 323
Professor Shengzhi Zhang
Wednesdays from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 302
Professor Yuting Zhang
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 322