Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics
ON CAMPUS | ONLINE
The graduate certificate program in data analytics will explore the intricacies of data analytics and expose students to various topics and tools related to data processing, analysis and visualization. Students will learn probability theory, statistical analysis methods and tools, generating relevant visual presentations of data, and concepts and techniques for data mining, text mining, and web mining. Individuals who complete this program will have a solid knowledge of concepts and techniques in data analytics as well as a solid exposure to the methods and tools for data mining and knowledge discovery.
The certificate in Data Analytics prepares students for the position of data analyst or data scientist. The main learning outcomes are as follows:
- To provide the foundation for applied probability and statistics and its relevance in day-to-day data analysis
- To explore the various data visualization techniques and their applications using real-world data sets
- To understand web analytics and metrics, procure and process unstructured text, and delve into the hidden patterns
- To facilitate knowledge discovery using data mining techniques over vast amounts of data
Our data analytics courses are geared towards asset programming language. We started with Java as the foundation course, and now we also have Python as a foundation course, and those are the new skills that students would learn as they go through the data analytics program. Students will gain the required knowledge of statistics, probability, data description, data distributions, errors, performance estimation, visualization, model evaluation, data mining techniques, web analytics, and web mining. At MET, courses are practical and application-based, so we use tools such as R, SQL Server, Oracle, Google Analytics, and so forth.
– Professor Suresh Kalathur
- Four courses/16 credits
- Requirements can be fully completed part time on campus or online. Contact the Department for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A minimum passing grade for a course in the graduate program is a C (2.0) but an average grade of B (3.0) must be maintained to be in good academic standing and to be eligible for certificate completion.
(four required courses/16 credits)
Classes are available On Campus and Online.
A minimum passing grade for a course in the graduate program is a C (2.0) but an average grade of B (3.0) must be maintained to be in good academic standing and to earn the certificate.
Applicants must have an earned Bachelor’s degree, in any field of study, from a regionally accredited college/university (or the international equivalent) prior to enrollment at MET. Applicants are not required to have a degree in Computer Science for entry to a program within our Computer Science department. Upon review of your application, the department will determine if the completion of prerequisite coursework equivalent of MET CS 546 will be required, based on your academic and professional background.
Related Graduate Degree Programs
Students who are fully accepted into this graduate certificate program and complete all of the required courses with a grade of ‘B’ or better are eligible for full or conditional admission (depending on previous academic background) to the following master’s degree programs, without reapplication: