FYSOP Staff Leader
First-Year Student Outreach Project (FYSOP) – Staff Leader
To serve as an integral part in the implementation of the First-Year Student Outreach Project (FYSOP) and to uphold the ideals and objectives of the Community Service Center (CSC)
Community Service Center professional staff, Program Managers, and Program Coordinators
- Staff Leaders are required to attend all training and program days starting Wednesday, August 20th, 2014, through Friday, August 29th, 2014. Any unexcused absence will result in dismissal from the program.
- Staff Leaders must be present for all programs during staff training and the week of FYSOP, including opening ceremonies, education day, program night, social events, closing ceremonies and site visits.
- Each Staff Leader is assigned one of eleven issue areas (animals, children, disabilities, elders, environment, gender focus, homelessness + housing, human rights, hunger, public health awareness, and urban engagement). If hired, your position as a Staff Leader is guaranteed, but your issue area placement is subject to change.
- Staff Leaders will be assigned a responsibility on their off-site day.
- Staff Leaders are role models who are expected to identify and address any problems/conflicts that may arise and to keep the CSC professional staff, Program Managers, and Program Coordinators informed of any such situations.
- Staff Leaders work with two or three other Staff Leaders as a team in leading a group of twelve to fifteen volunteers.
- Staff Leaders lead the participants in reflecting about their experiences during FYSOP.
- There is no participation fee for Staff Leaders. We have high expectations for staff members to honor all commitments to the FYSOP programme. This is subject to change.
- Staff Leaders must abide by the Boston University rules and regulations regarding alcohol and drugs. All FYSOP Staff will refrain from using alcohol from August 20th–August 29th, 2014 regardless of age. FYSOP has a zero tolerance policy. Any violation of this rule will result in immediate dismissal from the program.
- Official hirings will be contingent upon good academic status and approval from Judicial Affairs.
- Each Staff Leader will be asked to sign a zero tolerance contract, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) form, the Massachusetts Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) forms, and a waiver of liability before participation as a FYSOP Staff Leader.
- On-campus housing will be provided during training, and early move-in to University fall residences will occur on Monday, August 25th, 2014 after 4pm. Housing will not be provided during the week of FYSOP. You will be expected to move into your fall housing assignments. If you are living off-campus, you will be expected to find your own housing during the week of FYSOP.
- Meals will be provided throughout the week of FYSOP.
Some dates may be such to changes. Please visit bu.edu/csc for the latest update throughout the summer.