2009 Program Manager Retreat

– Andrea Little, PR Program Manager

It’s pretty rare that I go more than a few minutes without checking my phone for the latest headline, tweet, text or Facebook update. But two weekends ago, I went several days barely noticing my lack of contact with the world (and when I did notice, it was because I wished I could tweet about the amazing time we were having).

All of the CSC’s Program Managers, staff members and one very committed Dan Solworth (of Dean Elmore’s office) went to the isolated Camp Hi-Rock on the Massachusetts/New York border in the Berkshires.

We left BU at 6 AM…

The early van ride up to Hi-Rock.

The early van ride up to Hi-Rock

but that meant we got an early start on the low ropes course  & a great lunch at noon.

Dan, Kate & Shane eating up after a long morning on the ropes

Eating up after a long morning on the ropes

We had our own Program Manager info fair and got to hear about everyone’s plans for the semester (trust me, there’s great plans in the works), and then got to kayak, canoe & rowboat on the lake…some more successfully than others.

Orpheo & Shane on the docks

Orpheo & Shane on the docks

That night, we bonded over s’mores, several heated Mafia games (made extremely entertaining by Catherine Crider), Candy Land & Uno…

Love. Woot.

= Bonding!

and a serious scare from one of the camp’s workers, who we thought was a bear attacking the Arts & Crafts cabin. It is still highly debated whether Lindsey tried to save Sam’s life, or simply pushed him to the ground to run away from the incoming beast.

Sunday was high ropes course day. Some people had no problem going through the course, while others faced their fears (congrats to those that did!!).

.

Paola on the platform ready to walk the ropes

.

Paola

Missy climbing up the ladder to the ropes course

Missy climbing up the ladder to the ropes

Right before the sun came out

Right before the sun came out

Orpheo, Kate & Matt

Orpheo, Kate & Matt

Go Colleen!

Go Colleen!

I think it’s safe for me to say that everyone had an amazing time. Not only did we come to know (and, dare I say, love) each other, but we got to know a little more about all of the CSC’s 13 programs and office positions. The weekend inspired me to do everything I can to spread the word about what the center is doing to make Boston a better place.

I want to let everyone know that the Program Managers & staff in the CSC really, really do care about making a difference. I can’t wait to see what they’ll do this year!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,