Professors John Byers (CAS Computer Science) and Georgios Zervas (SMG), as well as PhD candidate Davide Proserpio (CAS Computer Science) are featured in the New York Times about their research on the sharing economy, specifically Airbnb.
Concentration in Databases & Data Mining
Students who are interested in Databases & Data Mining can take a number of elective courses offered both within our department and elsewhere within BU.
Elective courses in CS
- CAS CS 105 Introduction to Databases and Data Mining
- CAS CS 460 Introduction to Database Systems
- CAS CS 440 Artificial Intelligence
- CAS CS 442 Machine Learning
- CAS CS 562 Advanced Database Applications
- CAS CS 565 Data Mining
- CAS CS 549 Pattern Matching and Pattern Detection Algorithms
Related elective courses in other departments/colleges at BU
- CAS BE768 Biological Database Systems
- GRS MA 751 Advanced Statistical Methods II
- GRS MA 770 Mathematical and Statistical Methods of Bioinformatics
- ENG SC 719 Statistical Pattern Recognition