BUHPC (Boston University High Performance Computing), a part of BUILDS, competed in the...
Concentration in Computer Networks
Students who are interested in computer networks usually take a number of elective courses offered both within our department, and elsewhere within BU. Here’s a list of elective courses that CN students have taken in the past:
Elective courses in CS
- CS 455 Intro to Computer Networks
- CS 470 Performance Analysis
- CS 556 Advanced Computer Networks
- CS 559 Algorithmic Aspects of Computer Networks
- CS 458 Network Security
- CS 552 Intro to Operating Systems
- CS 553 Advanced Operating Systems
- CS 499 Capstone Directed Project
- CS 401 & 402 Senior Independent Work
Related elective courses in other departments/colleges at BU
- CAS MA 569 Optimization Methods of Operations Research
- CAS MA 570 Stochastic Methods of Operations Research
- ENG SC 700 Non-cooperative Networks
- SMG IS 467 Networking and Data Communications
- SMG IS 472 Electronic Commerce
- SMG IS 479 Innovating with Information Technology
Other available resources at BU
For undergraduates looking to gain involvement in research opportunities, there are several networks- and systems-related reading groups in the CS Department. These include: The Web and InterNetworking Group (WING), the BU Operating Systems and Service (BOSS) group, and the Real-Time Computation and Communication (RTCC) group.
Certificate programs are available through the Boston University Corporate Education Center (BUCEC).