When is my proposal due to the Department/College of Arts & Science/ Sponsored Programs?
Please review the solicitation/call for the agency deadline. This is key in assuring your proposal gets a complete and substantial review with no errors. As a PI, you are responsible for this key piece of information and getting the approval on time.
Proposals that are routed (prepared and signed off) from Computer Science go through 3 levels of approval before final submission. Each level needs to receive the required documents a certain number of business days prior to the hard deadline.
- Departmental (14 business days, prior to hard deadline, 20 business days if military agency or similar proposals)
- College of Arts and Science (10 business days)
- Office of Sponsored Programs ( 5 business days)
What do I need to submit to the Department/CAS/OSP by those deadlines?
- Department (14 days prior, 20 if DoD):
- Solicitation & Due Date
- Budget requirements
- Proposal type (collaboration, sub award, Prime award, etc…)
- CAS (10 days prior) :
- Proposal Summary Form signed by Key Personnel, involved and affiliated Departments,
- final budget & justification,
- Abstract/project summary
- Office of Sponsored Programs (5 days prior, then final science due 3 days prior):
- By 5 days deadline:
- Final Budget,
- Biographical sketches,
- Current and Pending,
- Draft Narrative or Abstract
- By 3 day deadline:
- All final Science( Narrative, Abstract, Specific Aims, Milestones, etc.)
- By 5 days deadline:
How much is a graduate student's RA salary?
*This does not include fringe or F&A
For AY16-17 and Summer 2017, RA graduate salary is $10,750 per semester.
For AY17-18 and Summer 2018, RA graduate salary is $11,000 per semester.
*Please confirm your potential RA completes the requirements for payment.
What about fringe rates?
As of 6/5/17, professional salary (Faculty and Postdocs) fringe rates are 24.7% on Federal proposals and 26.6% on non-Federal proposals.
Graduate Fringe rates are 8.8% on all grant proposals.
F&A (Indirect) Cost Rates
|F&A (Indirect) Cost Rates||07/01/2016 – 06/30/2018||07/01/2018 – 6/30/2019|
|Research/On-campus||64.5% MTDC||65.0% MTDC|
|Other Sponsored Awards||38.0% MTDC||39.0% MTDC|
|All programs/Off-campus||26.0% MTDC||26.0% MTDC|
For more information, please see the see OSP F&A.
Any questions on grant or proposal related requests, email Cristhel Santillan at email@example.com.