Terminal assistants are student employees of the CS Department. Terminal assistants can be found at the undergraduate lab at 730 Commonwealth Avenue. Below is a list of responsibilities they hold.
- Their primary responsibility is to ensure the good working order of the undergraduate lab.
- Provide help with the hardware and software.
- Maintain the lab printers and retrieve printouts for users.
- Assist with account creation.
- Perform first tier system administrative help.
- Provide basic help with homework assignments.
Terminal assistants are not tutors or teaching fellows. They provide only basic help with regards to homework assignments (ie: pointing out missing semi-colons in C++ programs). They are not allowed to provide in-depth help with assignments (ie: help you answer questions to a homework assignment). This is to ensure consistent information with homework assignments. For more in-depth help with homework assignments, please contact your professor, teaching fellow, or the tutor on-duty.