On Thursday April 29th the Department of Computer Science, at our end-of-year...
- A Vision to Help the Disabled Margrit Betke is a pioneer in the field of computer vision. One of her best-known creations is the Camera Mouse. The tool helps people with medical conditions such as cerebral palsy, spinal muscular atrophy, ALS, multiple sclerosis, and traumatic brain injury, use computers more easily.
- When Yelp Needs Help Associate Professor of Computer Science John Byers and his colleagues recently discovered a major privacy breach on Yelp, the popular business listing and review site.
- Helping Make Computers More Secure Professor Ran Canetti’s seminal work on protocol composition (which has been cited thousands of times) has improved our understanding of how secure components can be put together to produce a secure result.
- Another Milestone When Professor Mark Crovella was elevated to a fellow position at the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers earlier this year, it was just the latest milestone in a very successful career.
- A Rising Star Assistant Professor Evimaria Terzi (along with Professor Azer Bestavros) was recently selected to receive a Google Faculty Research Award in support of their research on “Generalized Centrality Measures with Applications to Information Networks.”