Students walk away with over $3,000 worth of prizes at AngelHack Boston
- Mark Crovella: BU’s 2014 Innovator of the Year The Office of Technology Development honored Boston University Computer Science Professor Mark Crovella with Boston University’s 2014 Innovator of the Year award. The annual award recognizes a BU faculty member whose cutting-edge research and ideas lead to the formation of companies that benefit society at large.
- Leonid Levin Elected to American Academy of Arts and Sciences One of the nation’s most prestigious honorary societies, the Academy is also a leading center for independent policy research. Members contribute to Academy publications and studies of science and technology policy, energy and global security, social policy and American institutions, and the humanities, arts, and education.
- Sharon Goldberg wins a Alfred P. Sloan Fellowship for 2014 The Sloan Fellowship scholars represent the most promising scientific researchers working today. Their achievements and potential place them among the next generation of scientific leaders in the U.S. and Canada. Since 1955, Sloan Research Fellows have gone on to win Nobel Prizes, Fields Medals, National Medals of Science, John Bates Clark Medals, and numerous other distinguished awards.
- Eric Nyberg (CAS ’83) receives the 2013 Distinguished Alumna/Alumnus Award The Boston University’s CS Distinguished Alumni Award was established in 2008. The purpose of this award is to (1) recognize CS alumni who have excelled in their professional careers, (2) introduce our current and prospective students to success stories and role models, and (3) build bridges with successful alumni to keep them in touch with our department’s goals and ambitions.
- Peter Gacs Elected as an External Member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences The HAS (MTA in Hungarian) is a prestigious society of scientists that was founded in 1825 to support science research in Hungary and connect it with science research internationally.
- Sharon Goldberg Among 2012-2014 Class of Hariri Institute Junior Faculty Fellows The Rafik B. Hariri Institute for Computing and Computational Science & Engineering at Boston University is pleased to announce its 2012-2014 Junior Faculty Fellows.
- Leonid Levin Awarded Knuth Prize in recognition of four decades of visionary research in computational complexity, cryptography, and information theory.
- Jonathan Appavoo Among Inaugural Class of Hariri Institute Junior Faculty Fellows The Rafik B. Hariri Institute for Computing and Computational Science & Engineering at Boston University is pleased to announce its inaugural Junior Faculty Fellows.
- Evimaria Terzi Among Inaugural Class of Hariri Institute Junior Faculty Fellows The Rafik B. Hariri Institute for Computing and Computational Science & Engineering at Boston University is pleased to announce its inaugural Junior Faculty Fellows.
- Groupon: Bad for Business? Researchers shed light on the power of daily deals
- Artemis Project: Introducing Girls to Computer Science Undergrads host new camp for high school girls